Thursday, June 7, 2012

What To Do With Our Front Entrance

Our front entrance has potential. The only problem, I have no idea what to do....that and moula! We have very high ceilings, a double front door, and some decent space if you ask me.

I like the idea of adding a big burst of colour to this area. We're in a linked townhome which means only our garage wall is attached to our neighbour. When you walk into the house you still have to go up a couple steps to get to the main floor. That said, I see colour, bold, beautiful colour.

Via
 This chalk board is amazing. I LOVE chalk boards and think this is genious!


Via
 These aren't colours I'd use but I love this idea.


Via
 I love this colour. I'm not sure it would suit my house but I love it nonetheless.


Via

I love the shelving here and the area for shoes.

Tell me, what have you done with your entry way? Do you have a separate mud room? What would you do?


3 comments:

  1. Love all your ideas!
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love super bold entry ways - I think they (and bathrooms) are a chance to be really bold without worrying that you are going to get really tired of it quickly like in a living room or bedroom.

    These days there is such gorgeous wallpaper - when I have the money to, I'd like to cover my entryway in a big bold pattern.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you email me a few pictures I would do up a quick and free e-design plan for you :). As an interior design student, this sort of thing is great practice!
    Tiffany
    tiffanyleighinteriordesign.blogspot.com
    (tiffanyleighinteriordesign@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete