Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spinach Dip Cups

I may have mentioned this before, but making dips is not my specialty. I can make homemade tzatziki and that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I love a good dip....if someone else makes it for me!

When I saw this I fell in love. I enjoy personalized, individual appetizers and think this would be a wonderful addition to my next dinner party.

Via

Here are the ingredients and directions. For a more detailed overview please click here.


Spinach Artichoke Cups
Ingredients:
24 wonton wrappers
1 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
1 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
6 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray miniature muffin pan cups lightly with cooking spray. Press 1 wonton wrapper into each cup and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake about 10 minutes until light golden brown. Remove shells from pan; place on a cooling rack and repeat with remaining wonton wrappers.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. You can also add 4 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese if you’re craving some addition goodness. Mix this together with a fork and transfer to a piping bag or a large zip lock bag.
If using a zip lock bag, trim a medium hole on one of the bottom corners. Pipe the mixture into the cooled wonton cups until the mixture almost reaches the top.
Transfer the spinach artichoke cups back into the mini muffin tin and bake for 8-10 minutes until the wonton wrappers turn a darker golden brown and the spinach artichoke dip is warmed. Remove from oven and repeat with remaining cups. Serve immediately.

5 comments:

  1. I love spinach, this looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and a great new addition to my next cocktail party...hosted by Lipstik of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look SO yummy, Nicole! And they seem like the perfect appetizer for any party! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, these look SO delicious! I will have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable! I'm bookmarking this recipe for sure!

    ReplyDelete