Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Making a house a home!

With the wedding less than a year away there is a lot of planning and house decorating on my mind...all the time! A big deal to me is not living in house but making it a home. I want our home to resemble us, our tastes and not just a few pieces of furniture.
I thought I'd share some of my favourite stores and items right now that I'm trying to encorporate into my our future home.
Excavated Pot from Anthropologie
All-Clad Cooper Core Cookware Set fromWilliams-Sonoma


Francine Placemat from Crate and Barrel


What pieces are you adding to make your house a home?

Enjoy the Party,

Nicole :)

4 comments:

  1. Great choices Nicole! I love that pot from Anthropologie. As for my home, I try and add unique pieces of art that mean something to us. Most of the pieces are inexpensive, which means I can buy more and more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personal touches, like small photographs or something from your travels gives personality and something you can't buy from a store. You can easily style a home, but does it have its own personality and vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Haha 'our' future home" eh?? Nice save :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your suggestions, Shannon & Jenn, thanks! I've already thought of pictures for our bedroom but no where else.
    Krista... I have to be careful incase Michael sees it :)

    ReplyDelete